Stress Management Training: S4 Workshop
cls imprs-is 11 March 2021 - 15 April 2021 Workshop Remote via Zoom
The challenges and obstacles one faces on a daily basis, balancing the responsibilities of work and family — especially in the wake of a pandemic — can be stressful. In order to attempt to better manage this stress, IMPRS-IS would like to offer a free online stress management series, beginning in March.
Doing a PhD is a formidable task, during which you will face not only unexpected intellectual and technical obstacles, but which will also challenge your mental strength and stress resistance in many, often unexpected ways. Our seminar offers ideas and skills to improve your stress management abilities and develop your personal strategy to cope with stress.
This workshop is based on the first empirically evaluated stress management training for doctoral students in Germany (TK-Mental Strategies) and is tailored to your specific situation and requirements.
1. Stress and its effects: understanding stress, finding your personal stressors, intercultural differences, stress model, resources, social ties
2. It’s all in the mind: goals for the training, stress as a result of how we assess it, stress-intensifying thoughts, “defusing strategies”, inner drivers & positive affirmations
3. Protect yourself from stress: communicate with confidence, set limits, accept support, address conflicts confidently, values & goals
4. Manage stress effectively: time management and self-organization; my time thieves, set priorities, personal performance curve and balance of energy/energy levels
5. My doctoral journey: self-motivation, how do I boost my motivation; strong and positive during the doctorate, balance & enjoyment
However, if you would be interested in participating in a future stress management course, please contact Sara Sorce (firstname.lastname@example.org)