S4 Workshop: Stress Management Training
cls imprs-is 02 May 2023 - 02 May 2023 Workshop Remote via Zoom
The challenges and obstacles one faces on a daily basis, balancing the responsibilities of work and home life can be stressful. Undue amounts of stress can reduce one’s ability to think clearly, function effectively, and enjoy life. In order to attempt to better manage this stress, IMPRS-IS invite its community to participate in this stress management training.
Dates: 2., 9., 23., 30. May, 2023 (Four Tuesdays in May)
Time: 14:00 - 16:00 CEST
Location: Remote via Zoom
Trainer: Suzanne Jones
Course Design: This seminar offers ideas and skills to improve your stress management abilities and develop your personal strategy to cope with stress. Self-reflexion techniques, group work and practical exercises are combined with short, theoretical overviews on stress and healthy ways of dealing with it. These courses consist of five separate two-hour training sessions.
1. Stress and its effects: understanding stress, finding your personal stressors, intercultural differences, stress model, resources, social ties
2. It’s all in the mind: goals for the training, stress as a result of how we assess it, stress-intensifying thoughts, “defusing strategies”, inner drivers & positive affirmations
3. Protect yourself from stress: communicate with confidence, set limits, accept support, address conflicts confidently, values & goals
4. Manage stress effectively: time management and self-organization; my time thieves, set priorities, personal performance curve and balance of energy/energy levels
5. My journey: self-motivation, how do I boost my motivation; balance & enjoyment
Registration for this event is now closed. With questions, contact Sara Sorce (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Note* By registering for this workshop, you express your interest to participate. In the event that a workshop’s interest exceeds attendance capacity, registrations will undergo a review process considering multiple aspects such as motivation, interest, and fit. All registrants will be notified of selection outcomes before each respective workshop.
Photo credit: Adobe Stock / Andrey Popov